The 76 mm regimental gun M1927 was a Soviet Union Infantry support gun. The gun was developed in 1927 by the design bureau of Orudiyno-Arsenalny Trest and entered production in 1928. A total of 18,116 pieces were built. On June 22, 1941, the Red Army had 4,708 of these guns. The gun was intended for destruction of light field fortifications and openly placed personnel by direct fire. HEAT shell gave it limited anti-tank capabilities.
The M1927 was issued to rifle and cavalry Regiments of the Red Army. Artillery Battalions of rifle brigades included one battery of M1927. Some guns were used by anti-tank artillery battalions.