10x10 cm MDF Half-timbered, 3 story town house set - 28mm scale
Free Shipping to USA with $21+ order
This kit can be used to represent the classic German style half-timbered houses that are common in many European towns. The set includes three levels and a roof. You can add other 10x10cm elements from our collection to add an extra story or a damaged level that you could swap out during your game.
The models will come unassembled and unpainted. There are many details engraved on the houses and window frames to add some detail. You can achieve great results by masking the engraved areas and painting.
If you add an extra roofs and bases you can use the levels to make a single story building.
We are constantly updating designs and there might be slight differences in joinery, or placement of design elements, like windows, doors, shingles, etc.
- Friction is often enough to hold the joints together.
- Use wood glue or PVA for best results, gorilla glue will likely foam and leave a bad look.
- If joints are overly tight and can’t be lightly hammered together, sanding the fingers and holes with sandpaper or a nail file should fix the issue. Wood can have slight changes in size with humidity.
- The layout on the boards are to save material and shipping. There is not an order of assembly based on the boards. Boards are numbered for reference.
- Board 1,2 & 3 have walls that are flat on the bottom for the ground floor. The windows have 8 rectangles on board 1&2 to glue of the surface of the walls. There is a door frame on board 1. Use a floor from board 3 or 5, they are all the same.
- Floors 2 and 3 are identical and a floor can be left out for a smaller house. The parts are on different boards that should be easy to find with the curved notch on the based and top.
- The roof starts with the gables with rose windows and two short bases from board 1. Assemble and glue, keeping it square. Allow to dry
- Add the top roof sections with shingles, one is slightly taller than the other and that will create a joint to glue at the peak. Rubber bands are helpful for holding the 4 shingled pieces.
- There are H shapes that you can add to cover the joints on floors 2 and 3 be sure to put them on opposite sides. The short stick shapes are placed vertically and glued to corners. The longer sticks are placed on floor 2 and 3 over the remaining horizontal joints not covered by the Hs.
- There are 2 V shapes to fit under the eaves of the roof on the sides with rose windows. The bottom ends of these might cause the roof to sit a little high on the top floor depending on how the trim was added so sand or trim with a carpet knife or wire cutters.
We would love see your paint work/finishing and feature it on our site. Send pictures or questions to email@example.com